The Poet who watched the whole Parade Jay Floyd 9780989256056 Books

The Poet who watched the whole Parade Jay Floyd 9780989256056 Books
This book is an excellent read! The author's memories are recalled in a familiar way, similar to how one may have overheard them eaves dropping at grandma's house on a Saturday night. A very close up portrait of his family's most intimate moments.His uncle becomes your uncle, and you begin to see a hint of your own mother's mannerisms in Dorothy. The story is told with color and feeling, the black experience is portrayed tastefully Floyd transports you to the places the stood, from the back alley with a mesmerizing girl to a hospital suite, you become a part of the memory itself; better yet a part of the parade. The Poet Who Watched The Whole Parade allows a peek into the soul of someone you know... and ultimately yourself.
Tags : The Poet who watched the whole Parade [Jay Floyd] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The Poet Who Watched the Whole Parade,Jay Floyd,The Poet who watched the whole Parade,Intelligent Publishing,0989256057,BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY General
The Poet who watched the whole Parade Jay Floyd 9780989256056 Books Reviews
When I think of novels,I think of fiction. It reads with the fluidity of such,but it is not fiction. It was captivating the way Floyd used words to illustrate his life so poetically,the painful honesty,descriptions so vivid,that in my minds eye,I was watching the Poet's parade too.I am a huge fan of Maya Angelou's autobiographical works such as I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings,and The Heart of a Woman. I think this The Poet Who Watched the Whole Parade is worthy of comparison to works such as that. The wisdom,the narrative. It is impressive.
Well done! I loved how the author shares his life in this book. It continuously drew my attention in and at times, I thought, wow, so many people could possibly relate to his story. It's not easy to put one's life out for the public to not only read but to also criticize. The author did this in such a way that you clearly have to applaud, not only this book, but for him sharing his world to us - tears, laughter, joy and pain. Great job!
This was a very powerful read. Each character made me feel as if they were a part of my family. Poet gives you amazing visuals and makes you know each character personally, so it truly touches your heart on a very sincere level. Jay Floyd is a refreshing new author who takes you through the journey of his life and makes you believe that, with strength and faith, no matter the circumstance, God can and is our ultimate healer. Thank you for sharing your life's testimony!
I LOVED this book! I felt like I was right there with author Floyd as he retold the events that made up his life. I was able to relate to so many things (ie. constantly moving, never graduating from a school, being an introvert, etc.)...thus I laughed, and cried..and had to take several moments to even self reflect. Very good read! Appreciate you allowing us a glimpse into your world through your eyes...sharing your pain and growth with us. We appreciate you releasing that pain through this format and who knows how many others your story will touch and encourage to find themselves and grow into who they should be.
It is difficult to find yourself alone in the world, those who loved you first and most gone from all but memory. Mix those memories with the empathy others have for them, and you have your nepenthe. Yeah? A few sips to get you through the times you really, really miss them. Having also experienced the loss of unforgettable people, I found this collection of characters comforting in the ways they are similar to the characters I've lost. And, poetry. Thanks for the great vacation 2015 read!
I couldn't put it down. Behind the pen you get a sense of a journey of someone strong, and of true faith, who is continuing to understand their purpose.
It's always amazing to me when you can read someone else's memoir and totally relate. The way this is written keeps you captivated from beginning to end. I'm eagerly anticipating another great read from Author Jay Floyd.
This book is an excellent read! The author's memories are recalled in a familiar way, similar to how one may have overheard them eaves dropping at grandma's house on a Saturday night. A very close up portrait of his family's most intimate moments.His uncle becomes your uncle, and you begin to see a hint of your own mother's mannerisms in Dorothy. The story is told with color and feeling, the black experience is portrayed tastefully Floyd transports you to the places the stood, from the back alley with a mesmerizing girl to a hospital suite, you become a part of the memory itself; better yet a part of the parade. The Poet Who Watched The Whole Parade allows a peek into the soul of someone you know... and ultimately yourself.

0 Response to "[7DF]≡ Read Gratis The Poet who watched the whole Parade Jay Floyd 9780989256056 Books"
Post a Comment